Metal Fabrication and Finishing NESHAP
The following information applies to facilities affected by the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) for Metal Fabrication and Finishing Source Categories NESHAP (40 CFR Part 63, Subpart XXXXXX) referred to here as "6X." The 6X NESHAP applies to facilities that are area sources of hazardous air pollutants (HAP) where the primary activity is one of nine metal fabrication and finishing source categories.
In conjunction with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, the IWRC completed online presentations to assist facilities in determining if they will be regulated by this rule.
The compliance date for 6X was July 25, 2011.
The following presentations provide the needed information for a facility to determine if they will have to comply with the 6X regulation. Some of the presentations require the use of Adobe Flash Player. Download the free software here.
- Applicability - determine if your facility is affected by this regulation.
- Requirements - learn what needs to be done to comply with this regulation.
- Requirements - Tier 2 and Tier 3
Other Useful Assistance Links
- Annual Certification and Compliance Report
- Method 22 Visible Emissions Monitoring Instructions
- Metal Fabrication and Finishing Souce Categories Rule (6X) - 40 CFT Part 63
- SIC/NAICS codes applicable to 6X rule
- EPA 6X Area Source Rule Requirement Flowcharts
- DNR's Air Source Toxics - NESHAP website