The focus of the Iowa Energy Efficiency Assistance Program for Rural Small Businesses is to provide no-cost energy audits for Iowa small businesses and a one-stop-shop for Iowans that provides energy efficiency education.
In an effort to provide financial resources to Iowa small businesses who are looking to decrease their energy usage, the IWRC’s energy efficiency assistance program will assist the businesses that qualify in preparing the USDA Rural Energy for American Program (REAP) grant applications. REAP provides financial resources to businesses to assist them in purchasing equipment that will help reduce their energy consumption.
Are you eligible for assistance?
A small business is eligible for REAP funding if they are located in a city or town with a population of 50,000 or less and are a small business with 100 or fewer.
What can we do for you?
The Iowa Waste Reduction Center at the University of Northern Iowa has 30 years of experience in assisting Iowa small businesses with environmental consulting, training, and education. Our knowledgeable staff will work with you to determine how to cut your energy usage and save costs, as well as assist in applying for U.S. Department of Agriculture financial assistance through the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP).
Free of cost, we will do the following:
- Conduct a comprehensive, on-site energy assessment analyzing all aspects of your business's energy usage
- Prepare a report after the assessment detailing our findings which may include
- the amount of energy being lost
- potential energy savings based on the annual operation hours and facility’s energy costs
- estimated return on investment of energy saving recommendations
- Assist your business in applying for U.S. Department of Agriculture financial assistance through the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP)