The following information applies to facilities affected by the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) for Metal Fabrication and Finishing Source Categories NESHAP (40 CFR Part 63, Subpart XXXXXX) referred to here as "6X." The 6X NESHAP applies to facilities that are area sources of hazardous air pollutants (HAP) where the primary activity is one of nine metal fabrication and finishing source categories.
Applicability and Basic Requirements for Compliance
In conjunction with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, the IWRC completed online presentations to assist facilities in determining if they will be regulated by this rule. The presentations provide the needed information for a facility to determine if they will have to comply with the 6X regulation.
- Applicability - determine if your facility is affected by this regulation (PDF presentation)
- Requirements - learn what needs to be done to comply with this regulation (PDF presentation)
- Requirements - Tier 2 and Tier 3 (PDF presentation)
- Iowa DNR Initial Notification Form (PDF) / (DOC)
- Iowa DNR Notification of Compliance Form (PDF) / (DOC)
- DUE ANNUALLY ON JANUARY 31 - Annual Certification and Compliance Form (DOC)
- EPA 6X Area Source Rule Requirement Flowcharts (PDF)
- Method 22 Visible Emissions Monitoring Instruction (PDF)
- SIC/NAICS codes applicable to 6X rule (EXCEL)
These resources and information have been developed by the Iowa Air Emissions Assistance Program, a program focused on training and educating Iowa small businesses with less than 100 employees. The Iowa Air Emissions Assistance Program is funded by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources. This information is intended solely as guidance, cannot be used to bind the Iowa Department of Natural Resources and is not a substitute for reading applicable statutes and regulations.